There are many things that can keep a person from working out. Many of those things are things that can be controlled. The best thing people can do is push through those controllable circumstances because the uncontrollable ones will come.
One circumstance that many believe they cannot control but maybe can control more than they realize is their health, more specifically, their immune system. Immune systems can easily become compromised if not taken into consideration. Now a person can get sick in many ways, and try their best to prevent illness, but the healthiest person will get sick sooner or later.
So, maybe you are a person that does not get sick very often but when you do, you seem to stay sick for a while. Or maybe you are a person that just seems to pick up every little germ and illness floating around. Vitamins and foods are maybe the best way to boost your immune system to help prevent and fight back against illnesses. Some awesome foods to start considering in your daily diet are:
- Citrus fruits: Many citrus fruits are loaded with vitamin C which is awesome for immune health.
- Red bell peppers: Believe it or not, red bell peppers have more vitamin C in them than citrus fruits.
- Broccoli: Packed with vitamins A, C, and E, along with other antioxidants, broccoli is a great food to eat for immune health.
- Spinach: Spinach is not a fan favorite, but it is loaded with vitamin C, antioxidants, and beta carotene, which is like the infection fighting warrior of our immune systems.
- Yogurt: Yogurt has been shown to help stimulate immune systems and fight infections. Plain yogurt is recommended over the ones loaded with artificial flavors.
- Green tea: Green and black teas are loaded with a certain type of antioxidant called flavonoids, but the biggest thing that separates green tea from black tea is its levels of epigallocatechin, or EGCG, another powerful antioxidant.
- Multivitamins: Great safety net to make sure you get all your daily vitamins in
- Greens & Reds Superfood: If you don't like to eat veggies and fruits or have a hard time getting them into your daily diet than our Greens and Reds Superfood product is the best way to get the much needed servings in.
There are other foods out there that could easily make the list, but the point of the matter is make sure you are eating foods that help in fighting illnesses and keeping you healthy. One thing is for sure, it is very hard to hit goals in the gym if you are at home sick.