Joint health is something we all take for granted, especially if we’re relatively young and healthy.
However, a demanding lifestyle coupled with years of intense training can place considerable amounts of wear and tear on our bodies.
Over time, tiny amounts of inflammation, aches, and pains compound, making even the most mundane of tasks (such as walking to the mailbox) feel challenging.
This is why placing a premium on supporting the health, function, and longevity of your joints, ligaments and connective tissue is so vital, especially if you’re looking to make health & fitness a lifestyle.
1UP Joint Health Plus is a collection of SEVEN powerful ingredients to support and nourish those critical components of our body that make every aspect of daily living and movement easier.
What separates 1UP Joint Health Plus from the droves of other joint support products on the market?
Benefits of 1UP Joint Health Plus
- Supports healthy joints & tendons
- Supports healthy bones
- Supports motion & mobility
- Supports joint comfort
- No Deceptive Proprietary Blends
Inside 1UP Joint Health Plus
Natural Eggshell Membrane (NEM)
Natural Eggshell Membrane is a collection of naturally occurring glycosaminoglycans, proteins, and other key nutrients, including:
- Type I Collagen
- Hyaluronic acid
These nuttrient are essential for maintaining healthy joint and connective tissues and may promote joint health and reduce pain and stiffness.
Human studies indicate that NEM may offer benefits in pain reduction both over the short-term (in as little as seven days) as well as with continual use (30 days).[1,2,3]
More recent research suggests that NEM supplementation may help reduce feelings of pain and improve daily functioning.
Curcumin is a natural phenol found in Turmeric that is responsible for turmeric’s yellow color.
Curcumin favorably influences a variety of signaling pathways and mediators, which may help reduce joint pain, combat inflammation, and improve joint function.[5,6]
The potent phenol is also noted to increase the production of collagen II, which may help attenuate cartilage degradation.
One of the limiting factors for curcumin, as well as many other plant-derived bioactive compounds, is bioavailability. This is why we’ve also included a full 10mg BioPerine -- the leading patent-protected black pepper extract on the market, which has been shown to improve the bioavailability of curcumin upwards of 2000%!
Kollagen II-XS is a novel avian collagen type II that provides soothing properties to the joints. Collagen type II is a major component of joint cartilage and Kollagen II-XS contains naturally occurring mucopolysaccharides, including:
- Hyaluronic Acid
Research finds that supplementation with Kollagen II-XS increased flexibility and dramatically reduced range of motion associated pain.
Andrographolide, the main bioactive constituent found in the leaves of the plant, has been found to interfere specifically with NFkB, reducing the expression of several pro-inflammatory genes, including COX-2, IL-6, IL-1ß.
Human studies note that supplementing with ParActin may help reduce in pain, stiffness, and fatigue while improving function.
Previous studies note that supplementation with andrographis paniculata extract also was found to help reduce stiffness, fatigue, and pain in adults with rheumatoid arthritis.
Boswellia Serrata Extract
Boswellia (aka Indian Frankincense) extract has been used for centuries in traditional medicine for chronic inflammatory illnesses as well as a number of other health conditions.
Research has identified that a collection of compounds known as boswellic acids are responsible for Boswellia's anti-inflammatory properties.
Additional studies indicate that Boswellia Serrata’s anti-inflammatory activities may help reduce feelings of joint pain and increase pain threshold as well as improve joint function and mobility.[11,12]
However, not all Boswellia Serrata supplements are equal as there are many different standardizations available. Moreover, many cheap boswellia supplements don’t include sufficient levels of active ingredients to deliver results.
This is why 1UP Joint Health Plus includes a premium-grade boswellia extract standardized to 65% boswellic acids.
Ginger Root Extract
Ginger is a common spice that has been used for centuries both in culinary as well as healing practices. The humble root contains over a hundred bioactive compounds, the most prominent of which is 6-gingerol.
The various bioactives in ginger root possess anti-inflammatory properties, which may offer the potential to provide therapeutic relief for joint-related issues as well as a host of other benefits regarding cardiometabolic and digestive health.
Additional studies find that in addition to supporting a healthy inflammation response, ginger may also stimulate osteoblast differentiation.
BioPerine is a premium black pepper extract standardized for piperine that is included to enhance the bioavailability and absorption of the other bioactive compounds present in 1UP Joint Health Plus.
- Ruff KJ, DeVore DP, Leu MD, Robinson MA. Eggshell membrane: a possible new natural therapeutic for joint and connective tissue disorders. Results from two open-label human clinical studies. Clin Interv Aging. 2009;4:235-240. doi:10.2147/cia.s5797
- Danesch U, Seybold M, Rittinghausen R, Treibel W, Bitterlich N: NEM® brand eggshell membrane effective in the treatment of pain associated with knee and hip osteoarthritis: Results from a six center, open label German clinical study. J Arthritis 2014;3:136
- Brunello E, Masini A: NEM® brand eggshell membrane effective in the treatment of pain and stiffness associated with osteoarthritis of the knee in an Italian study population. Int J Clin Med 2016;7:169–175.
- Kiers, J. L., & Bult, J. H. F. (2020). Mildly Processed Natural Eggshell Membrane Alleviates Joint Pain Associated with Osteoarthritis of the Knee: A Randomized Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Study. Journal of Medicinal Food, 24(3), 292–298. https://doi.org/10.1089/jmf.2020.0034
- Paultre K, Cade W, Hernandez D, Reynolds J, Greif D, Best TM. Therapeutic effects of turmeric or curcumin extract on pain and function for individuals with knee osteoarthritis: a systematic review. BMJ Open Sport Exerc Med. 2021 Jan 13;7(1):e000935. doi: 10.1136/bmjsem-2020-000935. PMID: 33500785; PMCID: PMC7812094.
- Daily JW, Yang M, Park S. Efficacy of Turmeric Extracts and Curcumin for Alleviating the Symptoms of Joint Arthritis: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Clinical Trials. J Med Food. 2016;19(8):717-729. doi:10.1089/jmf.2016.3705
- Pérez-Lozano ML, Cesaro A, Mazor M, et al. Emerging Natural-Product-Based Treatments for the Management of Osteoarthritis. Antioxidants (Basel). 2021;10(2):265. Published 2021 Feb 9. doi:10.3390/antiox10020265
- A 30-day clinical investigation of the safety and efficacy of kollaGen II-xs, a new avian sternal collagen type II hydrolysate. HealthMED Journal. 2016;10(2)
- Hancke, J. L., Srivastav, S., Cáceres, D. D., & Burgos, R. A. (2019). A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study to assess the efficacy of Andrographis paniculata standardized extract (ParActin®) on pain reduction in subjects with knee osteoarthritis. Phytotherapy Research. doi:10.1002/ptr.6339
- Burgos, R.A., Hancke, J.L., Bertoglio, J.C. et al. Efficacy of an Andrographis paniculata composition for the relief of rheumatoid arthritis symptoms: a prospective randomized placebo-controlled trial. Clin Rheumatol 28, 931–946 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10067-009-1180-5
- Kimmatkar, N., Thawani, V., Hingorani, L., & Khiyani, R. (2003). Efficacy and tolerability of Boswellia serrata extract in treatment of osteoarthritis of knee – A randomized double blind placebo controlled trial. Phytomedicine, 10(1), 3–7. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1078/094471103321648593
- Dragos D, Gilca M, Gaman L, et al. Phytomedicine in Joint Disorders. Nutrients. 2017;9(1):70. Published 2017 Jan 16. doi:10.3390/nu9010070